Texas is the second-largest state in the United States both by area and population. According to the 2020 Census, it contains 29.1 million residents. The state shares borders with Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Due to its big population, residents and visitors in Texas are arrested daily by law enforcement for various law violations.
If you or someone you know has been arrested for a criminal offense in Texas, it is important to secure the legal counsel of a skilled criminal defense attorney. Penalties for crimes can vary from a misdemeanor to felony charges. If convicted, you may be sentenced to spend years in prison and pay steep fines. Allow The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski to represent you fiercely.
Texas Criminal Defense Attorney | Austin, TX
Have you been arrested for committing an alleged criminal offense in the State of Texas? You may feel hopeless and frightened. Thankfully, you have options, and you can discover them with The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski. Jackson F. Gorski is a criminal defense attorney who has handled hundreds of state cases for clients in Texas. He can review your case and develop an effective strategy for you.
Call Texas criminal defense attorney Jackson F. Gorski at The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski today at 512-960-4646 for your first free consultation. During the consultation, Mr. Gorski can outline all of your legal options and discuss the specific facts of your case.
The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski has offices in Austin, TX, but accepts clients throughout the State of Texas including Jollyville, Anderson Mill, Lakeway, Cedar Park, Taylor, San Marcos, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels, Seguin, Kyle, Georgetown, and Lockhart.
- Sex Offender Registration in Texas
- Common Criminal Offenses in Texas
- Areas in Texas
- Texas Court Resources
- Texas Law Enforcement Resources
- Additional Resources
A conviction for a sex crime in the State of Texas may also lead to placement on the TX sex offender registry. Listed below are the crimes under the Texas Penal Code where an individual may be required to register as a sex offender as a condition of parole, conviction, or adjudication.
- Sexual assault
- Aggravated sexual assault
- Sexual performance of a child
- Sex trafficking
- Kidnapping of a person under the age of 17
- Aggravated kidnapping of a person under the age of 17
- Continuous sexual abuse of a young child or children
- Compelling prostitution
- Possession or promotion of child pornography
- Aggravated kidnapping if the offender had the intent to violate or abuse the victim sexually
- First-degree burglary if the offender had intent to commit sexual abuse on a young child, indecency with a child, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, prohibited sexual conduct, or aggravated kidnapping
- Second indecent exposure conviction
- Online solicitation of a minor
- Unlawful restraint of a person under the age of 17
Texas legislators have implemented stringent laws as punishment for offenders. Thankfully, criminal defense attorney Jackson F. Gorski at The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski is experienced in representing clients charged with a variety of crimes throughout the State of Texas. Below are some of the most common cases he handles:
- DWI Offenses
- Criminal Record Sealing
- Traffic Tickets
- Juvenile Defense
- Drug Offenses
- Theft Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- White Collar Crimes
- Misdemeanor Cases
- Felony Cases
With years of experience in criminal defense, Texas criminal defense attorney Jackson F. Gorski at The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski is dedicated to securing the best possible outcome for each client he represents. Mr. Gorski serves clients facing charges throughout the State of Texas including:
- Bastrop County – Bastrop, Elgin, Smithville
- Caldwell County – Lockhart, Luling, Martindale, Mustang Ridge, Niederwald, Uhland
- Comal County – Bulverde, Garden Ridge, New Braunfels
- Guadalupe County – Marion, New Berlin, Santa Clara, Seguin, Staples
- Travis County – Austin, Bee Cave, Briarcliff, Creedmoor, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Lakeway
- Bexar County – Alamo Heights, Balcones Heights, Castle Hills, Cibolo, Helotes, Grey Forest, Kirby, Lytle, Schertz, Somerset, Windcrest, San Antonio, Saint Hedwig, Leon Valley, Fair Oaks Ranch, Selma
- Hays County – Bear Creek, Buda, Dripping Springs, Hays, Kyle, Mountain City, San Marcos, Woodcreek
- Williamson County – Bartlett, Cedar Park, Granger, Jarrell, Taylor, Thorndale, Thrall, Weir, Georgetown
Texas Court of Appeals – Access the official website for the Texas Judicial Branch to learn more information about the 14 Court of Appeals. You can also view a list of counties served by each court of appeals.
Texas Court of Appeals
Office of Court Administration
205 West 14th Street, Suite 600
Austin, TX 78701
Texas Supreme Court of Appeals – The TX Supreme Court of Appeals is composed of the chief justice and 8 justices. Click the link to view the latest news and important announcements.
Supreme Court of Texas
Supreme Court Building
201 W. 14th Street, Room 104
Austin, Texas 78701
Texas Department of Justice – Follow the link provided to access the official website for the Department of Justice. You can view a list of state and local courts as well as statutes.
Texas County Officials – Click the link to learn about the required duties of each county official. You can learn about the county judge, county attorney, district attorney, county clerk, and more.
Texas Association of Counties
1210 San Antonio Street
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 478-8753
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement – Access the official website for the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement to view current statistics, online services, and additional resources. The commission is located in Austin, TX.
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
6330 East Highway 290, STE 200
Austin, Texas 78723
Phone: (512) 936-7700
Texas Highway Patrol – The Texas Department of Public Safety offers a Highway Patrol division. The division protects Texas from public safety threats and provides drug and explosive canine detection.
Texas Highway Patrol Division
PO Box 4087 MSC 0500
Austin, TX 78773-0500
Phone: (512) 424-2000
Texas Statutes – Visit the official website for the Texas Penal Code to find more information about specific laws in Texas. Access the page to learn more about different penalties, enhancements for offenses, and other important information.
Texas Sex Offender Registration Program – Access the Texas Department of Public Safety to view information regarding the TX Sex Offender Registration Program. Click the link to review frequently asked questions.
Texas.gov – Click the link to visit the official website for the State of Texas. Access important resources, health services, and a government service directory.
Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer, TX
If you or someone you know has been charged with a sex crime, driving while intoxicated, or domestic violence, it is important to act immediately. Jackson F. Gorski has years of experience defending clients charged with criminal offenses. He can help you protect your rights, no matter how severe the charges are.
The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski works with clients throughout the State of Texas including Travis County, Caldwell County, Comal County, Guadalupe County, Travis County, Bexar County, Hays County, and Williamson County. Call 512-960-4646 to set up your first consultation with The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski today. Mr. Gorski is prepared to craft a strong defense that will maximize your chances of receiving dismissed charges.