Guardianship & Conservatorship

Need to Manage the Affairs of Another Person?

Get legal authority. Call Atty. Jackson F. Gorski. 512-960-4646.

Guardianship is the legal process by which a person is assigned or granted the authority and legal right to make decisions on behalf of another person. In Texas, the law is intended to provide protection for individuals who are considered vulnerable, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to competently manage their affairs or make decisions for themselves.

Most people become legal guardians of their elderly family members while others may be the legal guardian of an adopted child or a person who is medically incapacitated. Regardless of why the need persists, if you’re interested in becoming the legal guardian of another person, or if you’re being forced by circumstances to do so, the Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski will be able to help you out.

You’ll find that Attorney Jackson F. Gorski is knowledgeable about the Texas Family Code and is aware of effective means to achieve targeted ends. To talk with Jack about your particular situation, please call The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorksi at 512-960-4646.

Back to top

Guardianship & Texas Law

Understanding Guardianship

If you need to make decisions for an elderly relative or an adult relative that’s disabled, then you’ll need to attain guardianship from a Texas court. Becoming the legal guardian of an adult that’s related to you might be of the utmost importance in matters related to their financial management and healthcare concerns.

Guardianship for children is referred to as “conservatorship” in Texas.

To learn more about the guardianship process in Texas, read A Texas Guide to Adult Guardianship.

Back to top

Understanding Conservatorship

When a person has custody of a child their legal title is “conservator” and the process is called conservatorship. Like guardianship, this gives the conservator the right to make decisions on behalf of the minor as would their parent. Usually, when a person becomes the conservator to a child, it’s because the parent has died, is incapacitated, in jail, on military tour, hopelessly addicted to drugs or a lifestyle, or otherwise missing and unable to function as a parent.

If this is the case, you’re in search of a solution and are ready to seek a legal remedy, Attorney Jackson F. Gorski can help you.

Whether you’re looking to help a child or other person who is suffering from abuse, or hoping to provide the best care possible for a loved one, Attorney Jackson F. Gorski is the right lawyer to talk with if you’re looking for solutions.

Attorney Jack Gorski will help you with filing legal documents, addressing the judge during related hearings, and becoming the appointed guardian of the person in question.

To contact The Law Office of Jackson F. Gorski call the office directly at 512-960-4646 or send us a message using the contact form. Attorney Jack Gorski provides free case evaluations, reasonable legal fees, and flexible payment options. Get the authority to give your loved one the care they deserve. Reach out to us.

Back to top